Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Storm That Wasn't

The first Nor'easter predictions:
2-4 inches of snow
followed by
1-2 inches of rain/sleet.

The storm was named Athena and I thought really? They're naming Nor'easters like hurricanes now?

I discovered that the people at the weather channel were the ones who came up with the name.

And that brings me to one of my pet peeves that instead of reporting news, reporters manufacture news.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

I have to tell you that I had a whole new respect for the weather forecasters after they correctly gave us ample warning of Hurricane Sandy. But I guess a hurricane is easier to track and predict than a Nor'easter since I woke up on Thursday morning and here is the accumulation from Athena:



Athena?

We hardly knew you.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! This tickled me, because I just read a novel about the Greek god Athena. I'll agree - those Weather Channel folks are just a little too trigger happy on the bad weather pronouncements! Glad you're surviving ALL the weather this fall, Cindy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!