Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Is February the Toughest Month?

After the winter we've had in PA so far.....

I would say yes.

Last week began with a snow measuring 9 inches deep.

Mid week was 3 inches of ice and the loss of electricity for 31 hours.

Here is the ice left over from Wednesday on the front walk.



Don't come to my front door for a visit or you'll land on your "tooshie" for sure. (Ha! I borrowed a vocab word from my 2 year old granddaughter!)

I took a picture of the front yard this morning encased in snow and covered with ice.


During a conversation with a co-worker I remembered the first snowfall of this winter with fondness. It made me happy. Snow covering everything looks pristine. Snow can be playful and outline tree limbs so while I'm driving down the road it seems like I'm in a fairy land.



But then I look outside a few minutes ago and see a few flakes begin to fall. And all I can think is, "Are you kidding me?"

The snow dusting begins on the back patio steps.


This winter has been brutal and February (for me) is the toughest month so far.

Has winter been tough where you are?


2 comments:

  1. I keep reading about cold temps. in the US, but where I live in Western Turkey, we've had the mildest winter EVER. I keep wishing it would get cold, but I guess I'd better count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold and snowy. With my husband gone for a few weeks, I had to learn how to use the snow blowerl I'm thankful, every so Thankful that we have one! I'd still be shoveling! 60+ degree temps for this week...I'm sure it's just a tease before another big snowstorm! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!