Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Always Thankful

Continuing my journey beyond one thousand gifts....

Doesn't he see everything I do and every step I take?
Job 31:4 (NLT)

This verse made me think of what Priscilla Shirer wrote in her study of Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted, "Knowledge of God's nearness can be most comforting to anyone seeking an intimate relationship with Him, and yet it can be the most burdensome reminder for the one who is seeking to avoid His direction and correction." pg.41

Yes I remember years ago when it felt burdensome and now, years later it is comforting and freeing to strive for a deeper relationship!

This week I'm thankful for:

1097. the snow outlining the trees' branches

1098. a mist hovering over a snow-laden field

1099. snow looking like powdered sugar on the bushes

1100. finally, the braces coming off my teeth! Hooray!

1101. Wonderful Husband making BBQ brisket AND chili

1102. Lent and sending encouraging, thankful cards every day

This post is linked to:



Do you practice a Lenten tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and if you leave a comment...well that's just icing on the cake!