A wonderful voicemail from Charlotte on Saturday aroused my curiosity. I called her back to hear how the Holy Spirit had worked through me for her benefit.
Here's the explanation:
Charlotte watches Good Morning America and Robin Roberts was scheduled to leave her job on Friday due to a recurrence of cancer. She ended up departing a day earlier than expected because her mother was in poor health and she planned to be with her.
Charlotte was touched by her farewell speech and hearing the "Prayer of Protection" which was taught to Robin by her mother many years ago. She says it each morning before leaving her home and recited it on-the-air. Charlotte wished she could have written down the prayer, thought about emailing GMA and asking for a copy, or asking her friends to see if they had written it down.
I went to a luncheon at Charlotte's home a week ago Sunday and I took along a Guidepost magazine. It's my way of recycling it and after Charlotte reads it, she passes it on to another person.
On Friday, Charlotte picked up the Guidepost and who was on the August cover? Robin Roberts. It had an article about she and her mother and included in the article was the prayer (by James Dillet Freeman): "The Light of God surrounds me. The Love of God enfolds me. The Power of God protects me. The Presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is."
God's timing is always perfect my friends!
903 - 919 on my list of One Thousand Gifts. I'm thankful for:
903. God's perfect timing and Charlotte sharing her experience with me
904. Bonnie Gray (Faith Barista) and her honest, encouraging, beautiful post:
905. the beginning of September
906. the school bus in my neighborhood today. (I'm probably more thankful than the kids that have to ride it. Ha!)
907. hard eucharisteo: an incident at work that shows me I need more of a servant's heart. Praying.
908. reading The One Year Chronological Bible daily
909. three days off from work
910. laying out in the sun
911. shopping with Wonderful Husband
912. the Berean Christian Bookstore (my local DaySpring connection)
913. our third visit to a Methodist church and the Pastor of Caring Ministries introducing herself to us
914. receiving communion in a new way (kneeling at the front of the church)
915. a visit from our daughter and granddaughter. Love seeing our granddaughter standing on her tiptoes while holding on to the ottoman.
916. candy corn
|Must. Stop. Buying. This.|
918. our nephew becoming engaged...another wedding in our future
919. finishing One Perfect Word by Debbie Macomber
This post is linked to A Holy Experience: Multitudes on Mondays, One Thousand Gifts.
Are you as happy as I am to see September?